Thursday, March 15, 2007

RF Space SDR-IQ Arrived

Time for me to enter the wonderful (???) world of Software Defined Radios... A light wow: It is so small. I've seen pictures of it and knew it was small, but my imagination didn't grasp the true size of it.

Arrived just in time then, for a weekend of testing in Kongsfjord! I just can't wait to connect it to the IF Output of my 40 years old R-390A...

Just tested it in my noisy home with a small patch of wire connected to the center BNC, just to see if it works. It does. Loran C is very audible, as is local NDB "BV"-399, and the odd SW station. It will be connected to a beverage tomorrow. I hope to post an update by tomorrow evening.

2 comments:

TuA said...

Hi Bjarne!
Nice to have another RFSpace SDR-rx -dxer in Scandinavia! Hope to see your comments on the receiver soon...
TuA

Anonymous said...

Yes! Nice to hear about your impressions of this tiny gadget. Also about the connection to analog rxs. I did not manage to connect the sdr14 to my Icom9000 although I know it should work with Icoms - I have to try the IQ some day .. 73 Tarmo