Friday, November 02, 2007

Logs From October 24

I decided to check out SDR-IQ recordings from October 24 before I started working seriously on my KONG17 logs. I had my receiver covering 580-770 and 1230-1410 kHz respectively, and they ran from before 0700 until after 1200 UTC. Conditions turned out to be more interesting than I had thought. At first very wide, later concentrating on the Northwest, Alaska and Hawaii. Six new ones for me, including KVOL-1330 (QSL info posted below).

I've tried to put log tables on the blog before, with modest success as it seems that blogger.com does not display tables very well whether they come from word processors or spreadsheets. So I've decided to use Google Docs, which means that when you click the link, you will be redirected to a look-only version of a spreadsheet. Initial tries indicate that this should work well.

All ID'ed stations are listed (so the list is quite long, with many stations of little interest). Some frequencies were not checked out much, like 670, 680, 770 and others.

It is interesting to note however, that at a different location in Northern Norway (Andøya), the AND1 crew were having great signals from the New England states while westerly located stations dominated here.

Click here to go to the October 24 logs.

No comments: